Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Tipid Tip: Online Booking 101


Leo and I are very fond of promo fares.  In all the times we rode an airplane, it was only 1 time that we paid it in full – all the time it was promo fare.  This is not a secret to our family.  So when my cousin wanted to try booking a flight to Cebu (she’ll be treating her family), it was me she asked.
So here are my tips for those people who want to book an online ticket for a low cost.

·         Wait for online promos (well this is a no-brainer tip hehe) – Sign in to online promos alert, as well as facebook page of airline websites to get email alerts for promos.

·         Is insurance a must? – For us, who already have insurances in our respective works, we don’t use this add ons

·         Do I need to select seat? – This is not a must for us.  For first timers you can select the seat closest to the window as this will give you a good view.  But for those travelling in groups, during check in, you will be given a seat side by side of each other, so tendencies are one of you will be seating on the window side.  If you’re the one sitting at the middle and wants to enjoy the view – well, you can lean hehe.

·         Do I need a check-in baggage? – When we were still childless, we can be backpackers.  5-7kilos as hand carry baggage is enough for us.  But when we had Neo, we always book check-in baggage for him.  When you have a baby and you travel, it seems like you are packing the whole house to ensure you need everything at hand.

·         If you could look for a promo fare that doesn’t include taxes, fuel surcharges – so much the better J

·         Wait – You have to be patient.  Normally, online promo fares need to be booked 6months before the actual travel date.

We always wait patiently for promo fares of airline companies – this will help us save travel time, for a low cost, and this will save us having a grumpy baby while travelling.  Just take note that online promo fares are usually non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-reroutable, non-rebookable, non-commisionable, non-endorsable, and all the nons. Hahahaha :D

So my last tip will be, when you book online, be sure, be really really sure that you will be using that online promo you booked.  It doesn’t make sense to book a promo fare thinking you were able to save some bucks when you will not be enjoying the travel. 

We were okay with all the tips above, except for this last one.  I am an impulsive buyer of online promos.  We were able to use most of the tickets, except for 2 flights.  The 2 most expensive (for promo standards) flights outside of the country.  Reason: we weren’t able to plan it with Neo.  I’d rather do away the ticket cost than travel without my baby.


Hope this helps you too!


2 comments:

  1. I'm amazed, I must say. Seldom do I encounter a blog that's equally educative and interesting, and without a doubt,
    you've hit the nail on the head. The issue is something too few men and women are speaking
    intelligently about. Now i'm very happy I came across this during my hunt for something regarding this.


    Stop by my blog: Emilie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Emilie :) glad you enjoyed reading my blog

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...