Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Eden Nature Park, Davao

Before March ended, I was lucky enough to visit Davao.  The place is very much different from Manila.  For one, smoking is not allowed.  There are designated places to smoke though.  Another difference is that at downtown, your speed limit should be 30kph, nothing more.  Imagine it’s like driving inside a subdivision.  And lastly, the crime rate in this beautiful city is so low.  Many would dub this as proper implementation of law or political will.

On my first day at Davao, after work, we had dinner at Vikings SM Lanang.  I have been to Vikings MOA, but I can say that Vikings at Lanang has more food choices and has a bigger area.  Prices are the same though.


The next morning, I have some time to kill before going back to Manila.  I was very adamant to visit the city hall and say hi to Mayor Duterte.  But my colleague decided to bring me to Eden Nature Park instead. And it was a good decision.

Eden Nature Park is a 90 hectare land owned by the Ayala of Davao. 95% are man-made and only 5% are natural.  But you wouldn't even think that anything is man-made in this place.  The place spells NATURE in all caps.


There’s a shuttle and a tour guide that will tour you around the nature park.  With 90 hectares of land, you will have a lot of places to visit if you are going overnight or by the mountain trail.  But if you are with the tour guide and shuttle, you will only have 3 stops to make. 

First stop: The Flower Garden.  You will forget where you are with all the beautiful flowers in here.  Take as much pictures as you could but careful not to disturb the bees.  They’re everywhere.


Second stop: Tinubdan.  This is a tribute to Mindanao’s ethnic tribes.  Here you will be exposed to the different ethnic tribes in all provinces of Mindanao. 


Third stop: Lola’s Garden.  Nothing very special in here, except you will have a breathtaking view of the Davao. Wow.


This place is a must to visit when you are at Davao.  Let me end this blog post by this picture and hope this reminds us in taking care of the environment.





40 comments:

  1. Wow.. such a nice and must visit huh..!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes. a must to visit. the place spells NATURE talaga.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sis, I notice you've been doing a lot of travel lately huh. Inggit much. Davao is one on my bucketlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Davao is a very nice place. i wish i was able to visit it with Leo and Neo though. go go ka sa davao sis!

      Delete
  3. I want to go to Davao someday! Could someone really go and say hi to Mayor Duterte? :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. saying hi to mayor duterte is in my bucket list talaga. I will surely do that in my next visit hehe

      Delete
  4. The Flower Garden is beautiful! If I happen to drop by the place I'm going to go photo crazy with those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so much photos of those beautiful flowers. when we were visiting, may nagpe-pre-nup pictorial. super ganda. :)

      Delete
  5. Wish to come back there again...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I've seen Eden Nature Park when we went to Philippine Eagle Center. Akala ko wala lang pero ang ganda pala sa loob. I will consider this place if ever I'll go back to Davao again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My family went to Davao when I was 6months pregnant grabe ang daya nila!! Huhuhu. Pag mejo lumaki na si James,I am planning to travel again. Thanks for this Mommy Nerisa =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice pictures! Hope my family could visit the place too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard Davao is a very beautiful place. I wonder if I will ever have the opportunity to go there. I wish so.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got to see that a few years ago! We loved the parang mini-zip line thingy. Sorry hindi ko talaga alam yung tawag pero ang saya! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I paused at your picture of Lola's garden and talagang napa-wow ako. Davao is one of the many places we want to visit as a family. Thanks for sharing, at least now we know the places to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We were booked to go to Davao Sept last year but we had to cancel. Nasa itinerary namin Eden Nature Park. Ganda pala. Too bad hindi kami natuloy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, a nature park! And Wow Davao! Children here in Manila, should have something like this,you know. It is something every Filipino child should experience -they would love their country more this way. They would be able to appreciate nature and the ethnic tribes-especially of Mindanao.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay, thank you for the good words about Davao! We, ourselves, feel really blessed to be under such good governance. Your photos just make me want to go back to Vikings and Eden! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never been to Davao..or any other place in Mindanao and Visayas..Pero if given the chance I love to visit parks..

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have visited this place years back and it's paradise! I hope I can visit again

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooh! a must visit vacation site for us :) thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is our next destination. We will surely visit this park. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice place. Wasn't able to visit this place when we were in Davao but I'm looking forward to have a chance to visit Eden Nature Park.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Davao is in my bucket list and I wish I can take the kids there. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww wow I want to take my daughter there, I'm sure she'll be so happy there!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Eden Nature Park is still on our bucket list. We didn't get the chance to visit the place when we went to Davao last March because we ran out of time and budget! I hope we get to camp there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lalo ko na miss ang Davao... My sister lives in Davao na, and we are planning to relocate there! I love Davao so much! I wish to celebrate Christmas there.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I so love nature trips Neri, wish I could visit Davao too! Beautiful shots of the park. I can imagine how the place would have lessen stress of city life on the visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I was in Davao last April. All work,no gala. I hope I can visit this park and all the other great places there. I love their fruits. Patay na patay ako sa marang at mangosteen!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I was in Davao last April. All work,no gala! I hope I can visit this park and all the other great places there. I love their fruits. Patay na patay ako sa marang at mangosteen.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would love to visit Davao soon. Looking forward to meeting you there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'd love to visit Davao someday. Heard a lot of.good things about it. I love the info about the tree's worth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Me, too Neri, how I wish I could also visit great places like Davao and explore God's gifts to us via nature ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looks like you enjoyed your stay :) I haven't been to Davao but this is in our family's bucket list of must go-to places especially Pearl Farm :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great job to Mayor Dutuerte for doing a good job in maintaining peace and order in Davao. I hope we can visit that place soon

    ReplyDelete
  32. Unfortunately, I haven't been to Davao but if I do get there I'll try to visit this park.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous! Definitely a place to visit and to think it's almost all man made!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I want to visit Davao. Hopefully, my family can travel next summer.

    ReplyDelete
  35. The last time I went here to Eden Nature Park was about 6-7 years ago. I still remember how charming the place is. I hope to be able to bring my hubby and my son there if ever we get the chance to go to Davao! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...