Monday, April 29, 2013

Running Our Own Household





Before we got married, Leo and I already purchased a house and right after our wedding, we stayed in our new house.  It was such a joy to run your own household, being independent is one benefit, but there were lots of things that we were not prepared off when we started.  Some of these are:


1)      BILLS.  Form house amortization, to electricity bills, water bills, phone bills, to a lot more.  When I still lived with my parents, I don’t need to worry if we get our electricity or water connection disconnected or palayasin kami in our house, because bills are magically being paid. 

Now that I run my own household, aside from the fact that we need to budget for all the bills we need to pay, we have to plan when to pay it as well – scheduling it ahead of time to ensure we don’t get overdue – at maputulan L

2)      MEALS.    Planning and preparing meals had also been another thing to think about when running a household.  When I was still single and lived with my parents, I would often complain to my mom: “Fish na naman!” or “Bakit, gulay lang ba ang meron sa palengke?”.  Now that I run my own household and planning meals for my family, I would often think, “Ang onti pala ng food choices…”.

Leo and I have now devised WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER.  We sat together once a week and spend 30mins planning the meal for the next week.  This also helps us in our weekly grocery (buying the things we need ONLY).

3)      CHORES.  Never ending household chores: washing clothes, cleaning the house, washing dishes, and a lot LOT more.  Before, I would throw used clothes in the laundry basket, place my used dishes in the sink, sleep even though the house is unclean – because thanks to my mom, everything was taken cared of.

Now that we are running our own household, I still do the same – thanks to ate Marlyn! Haha!


4)      GROCERIES.  Before, my weekends are spent shopping.  My mom would sometimes joke, “Linggo lingo ka nasa mall ah, hindi ka din nawawala sa sale, may attendance ka ba dun?”

Now weekends are spent for groceries.  With a baby on the house, the ref should be filled with his needs; our freezer should have food so we won’t go hungry.  Simple things missing like salt, sugar, onion, could mess up everything.  Grocery budget is also one thing we need to think about.  We can’t buy a lot of things but just exactly the things we need.

5)      APPLIANCES and FURNITURES.  These are the things which are constant when I am growing up. I could also abuse these stuffs (watching TV while playing computer games; throwing the remote control when I’m in a bad mood, etc.)

Now these are the things I need to fill my house so it would look complete.  We have to save up to buy our own TV, sofa, refrigerator, etc.  so abusing these stuffs is a no-no for me.

These are some of the things you need to be prepared of when you start your own household.  Just thinking about all these stuffs, makes me want to say my mom was a wonder woman to ensure we don’t get stressed out on this.  I wish I could duplicate her efforts so Neo will have the same, if not a better, life than what I grew up on.


Ciao!


Baby Neo’s Mama

15 comments:

  1. My God, motherhood is such a sacrifice, LOL. That's why I'm always telling my daughters to really see the world before becoming a mother :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're right, sis. but everything becomes more bearable with a nice hubby at hand :)

      Delete
  2. I still have to perfect (or should I say do) a weekly meal planner :( I can relate more to the time-in sa mall haha. But these are good tips ha, especially for newly married couples :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. weekly meal planner really helps. if wala kasi, everyday i always sit down and think ano kayang ulam namin tomorrow - ung hindi namin ulam for the past 3days hahaha

      Delete
  3. I'm so looking forward to the day when finally move into our own house and I get to do all of these things too :) I do a little bit of bills payments, meal planning and grocery shopping already though. :) Looking forward to reading about your adventures so I can get tips from you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for dropping by my blog, Patty. its nice na you do these things, so hindi ka mabibigla when you move to your own.

      Delete
  4. I can so relate! Been living separately from my parents for a long time now but only realized recently how tiring doing the chores can be. We've always had a helper and yaya but since last year we decided not to hire anymore so we do everything ourselves. Oh yeah, the chores are indeed never-ending. But I must say, being able to do them can be very satisfying too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, fulfilled talaga yung feeling when you get to do things properly - pero yung tiredness, hindi ko mawari talaga. hahaha :P thanks for visiting my blog, Janice :)

      Delete
  5. Labor of LOVE. :) Moms are gift from God.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can so relate with what you said about thinking of your mom when you become a mom yourself. Starting your own family really opens up your eyes and make you see how wonderful your own mom is. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its really true na when you become a mom na yourself, you will be more grateful towards your own mom kasi you experience na all their sacrifices for you.

      Delete
  7. Very practical! Love this blog. Some people think it's easy to be run the house but it's not. Meals and groceries need to be planned because it's like domino, they affect everything else like the bills!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So practical! People think it's easy to run the house but it's not! Meals and groceries need careful planning because it's like domino, they affect everything else including the bills! Love this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, May :) careful planning and a lot of organizing talaga when it comes to running household.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...