Saturday, January 9, 2016

Dining Experience at Iloilo and Cagayan de Oro

In the first two weeks of November 2015, I traveled to Iloilo, Cebu, and Cagayan de Oro for work.   But since I traveled those places in 6 days only, giving me 2 days in each place, there was really no time for me to roam around.  My colleagues were kind enough to just treat me gastronomically J

Here are some of the places we ate at that you may want to try when you go to these places too. 

Dong Juan Restaurant, Iloilo

Dong Juan is your regular restaurant offering non-conventional delicious food.   We ordered salad, pizza, pasta, and baby back ribs. 


But what really stuck to me was this Calamansi blush.  It’s pure strawberry beneath and pure calamansi above.  Super refreshing. 



Breakthrough Restaurant, Iloilo

Who wouldn’t want to eat seafood with a view like this?


That’s Guimaras island viewed from The Breakthrough Restaurant at Iloilo.  The place is very cool even without air-conditioning.   I also tasted some really delicious seafood from there.

The Aligue Rice (which I tried to make my own version at home).


Baked Oysters.  These oysters are so big (twice the size of what you can find at Manila). 


The Lato.  I like this food.  I think it’s an algae or something.  Very delicious and healthy.



High Ridge, Cagayan de Oro

If I’ll sum up this place into one word it would be awesome.  It was really hard to go there (especially because we went there during evening).  I think it was situated in a hill.  Going there was rough; you wouldn’t think you could find a very beautiful place up high.


It has a high rise view of Cagayan de Oro, very nice ambiance, and surprisingly affordable delicious food.

That’s CDO by night.
Dining up high.

Merry Christmas from the Bamboo Christmas Tree at High Ridge J



Seaside Restaurant, Cagayan de Oro

Okay, I admit, I forgot the name.  But it’s located within the seaside.  This is my view while eating.



We ate lots of delicious seafood which were cooked while we wait.  Look, the King Crab and the Lapu-lapu are still alive.



This is the place to be if you want to experience eating seafood at its best.  And no fly would ever dare enter this restaurant, thanks to the strong wind from the sea. 

Excuse the dark photo (I’m against the light).  I just like to share the wind blowing my hair.  I had to tie my hair in a ponytail while eating by hands. J



No food treat from Cebu as we went to the normal (Cnt and Larsian, my fave).  I’m such a lucky person having experienced all these gastronomic feasts that’s available in the Philippines. J






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...