Saturday, May 10, 2014

What I Learned From My Three Moms

I was born to one, raised by two, and now have three.  My mom gave birth to me more than 20 years ago.  I was raised by both my mom and my lola, who I fondly called Mama.  Now, thanks to marrying my husband, I was granted yet another mom, my mom-in-law.

My mom was not what you will call a tender mom.  She’s a disciplinarian.  I was raised that way.  She is not someone I will call my #1 fan, but far from it as she is my #1 critic.  She will criticize the way I do things so I will do it better.  She’s not so showy in her affections most of the time, but does it when I needed it most.  If there’s one thing I learned from my mom, its raising independent Me.


My lola, Neo’s Mamita, who raised me as her youngest child has showed me so much love down to me being spoiled by her.  She is someone I would run too when my mom and I fight.  She would hug me, kiss me, and show me how much she loves me.  A lot of times she will tell me: “Mahal na mahal kita”.  That changed when Neo came along.  Now “Mahal na mahal ko si Neo”.  If there’s one thing I learned from my lola, its showing the person you love how much you love them.


My mom-in-law, Mama Bebing, is a superwoman.  She works fulltime and raised 4 children at the same time (helped by my father-in-law).  We rarely go home to Cagayan but during the times we go there, I am treated like a princess (which I am really not accustomed to).  Mama Bebing raised a wonderful son, my husband.  I love reading the quote below.  This applies very much to my husband and my mom-in-law.  If there’s one thing I learned from my mom-in-law, it’s raising your son to be a fine man that you can be proud of.


Now that I am a mom myself, I am hoping and praying to impart these things I learned from my three moms. 

God help me to be a mom like my mom who will raise an independent Neo.

God help me to be a mom like my lola who will show Neo in all ways how much I love him. 

And God help me to be a mom like my mom-in-law who will raise Neo to be a fine man that everyone will be proud of.

Happy Mother’s Day to my three moms and to all moms!  And God bless you all!




6 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...