Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Husband’s Birthday Surprise

October is the hubby’s birth month.  I am not creative nor am I one who’s good with surprises but I really want to surprise him this year.  I don’t have a theme and I wasn't prepared because I just thought of surprising him a day before his birthday (talk about being spontaneous).

So what did I do?  Consult the ever reliable google but all responses it gave me for “surprising your husband” search was: surprise vacation, surprise birthday party, and being a loving wife for the day (which I already am everyday LOL).  So I need to think out of the box.  And yes, I did it.

I went home earlier than he did and pretended to be mad at him so he won’t expect anything.   I bought some balloons and chocolates off the grocery.  Then I printed thank you messages for him.  I created a simple rhyme that would serve as a clue for him. 



By the time I got home, I cut out the rhyming clue so it would be a puzzle and folded each one, inserted it into the balloons then inflated the balloons.  Then I hid all the balloons on the 2nd floor.  Then put all the thank you notes in the mini chocolates and scattered it in the house.

The hubby arrived home and I started dropping the balloons from the 2nd floor.  I then asked him to pop all the balloons and complete the puzzle for the clue.  After, he was searching the house for the mini chocolates with thank notes.

It was one crazy night.  The hubby looked like a small child in Party Game slash Easter Egg Hunt slash Trick or Treat.  I think he enjoyed it, being a kid once again.


My birthday boy with his cake J


6 comments:

  1. hahaha nice ate! so sweet naman :D hihihi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hindi ba tumulong si Neo sa paghahanap?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he didnt. galit sya that night because of the sound of the popping balloons. hehe

      Delete
  3. Nice one, Nerisa! I am also planning to surprise M on our 5th year anniversary. I am still not sure how and what will I do, all I know is hindi ito bonggang bakasyon. Hahaha! I still have 2 months to think about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Krisna. :) you have 2 months pa to think and execute. nakakatuwa din kasing magsurprise sa mga hubby natin kasi they appreciate it :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...