Monday, January 26, 2015

Product Review: Scotch Gard by 3M

We replaced our 3-year-old sofa last October with a new and better one from Mandaue Foam.  Everything in the sofa is washable (even the foam if you must) except for the frame and the fabric that covers it.

Before purchasing the sofa, we were advised that it comes with a 5-year warranty for the foam and frame.  Fabrics are not included.  There is nothing to worry about this because we can have fabrics covering the foams washed or buy custom made if in case it tears or breaks or get stained.  But the fabric in frame got us worried – because of course, we can’t wash it.

And last December, I got home to our sofa armrest looking like this.




I wasn’t angry or sad or worried – neither did Neo got scolded for doing this (just a quick reminder of using his papers alone for coloring).  Because I was relying on the fact that the staff a Mandaue Foam suggested a cleaning aide we can use – Scotch Gard.



Since Scotch Gard is made by 3M, a brand I have been using since I was introduced to it last year, I didn’t check any other brands.  However, Scotch Gard is quite hard to find.  Some stores only have one stock.  And this brand is more expensive than the others. SRP: Php530.

But as I go over quality of product, I didn’t hesitate in buying this.  And it did not disappoint.  After spraying Scotch Gard in the sofa armrest, waited for 3-5mins, dab it with clean wet cloth (did this for two times), look at our sofa armrest.


Good as new J

This product is a definite must have for families with little hands that draw and write all over your fabrics.





7 comments:

  1. I need this! I just discovered that my two-year old wrote on our sofa too. I was scrambling for someone to have it cleaned and when I did find a cleaner, they said it would cost me 4k. Hopefully Scotch Gard will work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch. 4k is too much. Parang you asked to change the sofa fabric na. Scotch Gard worked wonders in our sofa hoping it will too in yours

      Delete
  2. Amazing! yan p naman ang fear ko na mangayari s sofa ko but now I know na what to do when thing like this happens..Thank for this informative post.=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super thanks dun sa staff at Mandaue for suggesting Scotch Gard. This is the brand they use din daw.

      Delete
  3. We also purchased a new sofa a couple of months ago and I'm already starting to see stains on it. Thank you sooooo much for this post!! I really need this! Sang store mo sya nakita sis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kat, we bought it at Handyman. You need to ask specifically talaga because nakatago ung stock nila.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...