Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Race for Life 2015

Race for Life is a fund raising activity for Real Life Foundation.  Real Life Foundation is a foundation under Victory Church (Every Nation Philippines).  One of its main purposes is to help children pursue their education.

The only picture I have with Real Life Foundation banner – and nakapikit na, may photo bomber pa. 

We are a member of Victory Church so we wanted to help and we love to run.  We were a bit late in registering, some 2 weeks before the actual run, and thus, I was unfortunate to get a bigger-than-my-physique shirt which is quite uncomfortable while running.

The race bib and shirt included were inserted in a brown envelope with a print of RUNRIO.  I was quite disappointed with the race kit.  This race is the most expensive race I have registered to but the race kit was the simplest of them (Php1ooo for 10k).  I then found out that 50% of the proceeds will go to REAL LIFE Foundation, so I feel better na.

The race kit. 

The race was set on November 30.  We chose to run 10K this time.  Gun start for 10K is at 5AM.  We arrived at SM Mall of Asia minutes before 5AM and we had a hard time with the parking.  We were able to run at 5K gun start.   This race has the most number of runners of all the races I joined.  15ooo registered runners.  Wow.

The run started at Seaside area (Vikings MOA area) going to Senate back to Macapagal road going to World Trade, then going to CCP coursing Roxas Blvd up to Quirino and back.  If you are familiar with the place, you’d instantly know that the race area was quite smelly. 



But with all the issues I had, I honestly have so much fun in this run.  This is because I get to help while doing something I like.  And I’ll be running again next year for Race for Life 2016 J


Another race finished! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sana makapag race din ako next year. Goal ko na talaga ang magpa payat! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. naku, sis, hindi sya nakakapayat...nakakapagod sya :P

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...