Saturday, November 5, 2016

My First S&R Members’ Treat Experience

S&R is one of the country’s membership shopping.  I was not really fond of S&R as you have to pay Php700 for membership which entitles you no perks (points for purchase) except well, you can shop at S&R.  However, a colleague, who’s a member, brought me one time to S&R and told me to buy the maple cured bacon as she vouched to be one of the best-tasting bacon.  And true enough, our whole household loves S&R maple-cured bacon.  After that, I signed up for membership.  I was seduced by the bacon! Hahaha :D



And I was happy I that I signed up for S&R membership.  I get to shop a lot of items that I like in S&R that are not offered in my usual supermarket.  Yes, I am one happy member.  So when S&R announced they will have their Members’ Treat, I logged it in my calendar. J

October 1, 2016 marked my first S&R Members’ Treat shopping.  The hubby and I lined up from 8AM to 12PM (that’s 4 hours waiting in line) before we were able to enter S&R. I was nursing a headache, and was really feeling bad but the sale items made me feel better.




That was my first time to shop during S&R Members’ Treat and I am not a pro, but let me list down some tips to help you (and me) next year.

Be Late – I know, early bird catches the worm.  The hubby and I waited from 8am to 12pm just to enter S&R and shop.  The heat and the exhaustion we felt in line made me think twice about attending next year’s sale.  But a colleague went to S&R by afternoon and she only fell in line in less than 2 hours!  There is no need to worry about sale items as stocks are refilled every 30 minutes (as per an employee).  So let the queue die down before going. 





Don’t Bring Kids – We didn’t bring Neo with us and it was a very good decision.  I saw other shoppers who brought their kids and I pity the little kids as some were already tired and exhausted, crying and having tantrums.  Please don’t bring your kids, they won’t aid in your shopping.

Check S&R A Day Before – A day before the sale marks the day S&R employees put up their sale tag price.  You will get an idea what sale item you will be able to score on the Members’ Treat Day.  You might also be lucky because some of these discounted tag prices are already effective. 




Eat and Drink – Waiting in line for hours means you will be exhausted and thus, foods and drinks are needed.  We forgot to bring anything and were lucky that there’s a convenience store nearby to buy water.  We ate when we were able to finish our shopping.  We love S&R pizzas and even brought home for our little boy! J

Set A Budget – As such with all shopping adventures, a budget is always a must.  You don’t want to be broke and feel guilty after the shopping, right? 




Have a Buddy – Bringing someone with you is a good decision.  You can actually bring 4 more people with your S&R membership card, but a buddy is okay.  Because cashier line is so long that one of you can line up the moment you enter, and you can alternately do the shopping.  It saves a lot of time! J


There you have it!  Hope these tips help you if you plan to go to S&R Members’ Treat next time.


25 comments:

  1. Ive been asking my husband to avail of the membership already, but so far hes not buying it. Maybe i could ask him to read your post para he can be enticed to join. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always visit S&R Member's Treat pero lagi kami weekend, yung wala na gaano pila pero last month, we did not visit kasi we had staycation. Nagpabili na lang ko sa friend ko kaso wala rin siya naabutan na B1T1 na Ariel Gel. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. My SIL shopped at S&R during the treat and she bought a box of american muffins. It was chocolatey and I liked it because it's not too sweet. There's no S&R lang near our area di namin mamaximize yung membership.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sale is love, and yes sticking to a certain budget is a must plus S&R pizza is really the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so tempting! I cannot hahaha. At least I have a reason since it Christmas season! I have reason to buy stuffs wohooo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sales, but gave this one a skip. The long lines I saw from those who braved the first day sale frightened me (lol)...

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love S&R i do my groceries there whenever i have the chance. There are brands that my kids love which are not available in local supermarkets. Though i dont go for the members sale which happened last september. Its too crowded! While i can buy the buy1 take 1 the day before so its just the same less the hassle :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wasn't able to experience this one but I think long lines is not ok for me

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was offered memberships for several times since the one near my place opened (that was 3 years ago). But until now, I haven't signed up for it yet. I am still trying to justify the membership fee and the frequency that I will think I need to shop at SnR. For now, I'll ride on my bestfriend's membership. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't tried S&R shopping yet. Meron lage silang membership dito sa bldg namin at meron malapit dito sa ofis. Im not sure if we can buy on bulk because we are a small family only. But I always see big discounts here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We used to be S&R members too and it was sulit lalo na yung malakihan/bulk buys, but di na kami masyado pumupunta kaya di na nagrenew.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't tried going to S&R, although friends are members. A friend told me also that the store is only best for bulk purchases since dun ka makakatipid.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great tips! Too bad we missed this. But I'll keep these in mind for next year's sale!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grabe! Di ko kaya yang SnR sale na yan :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sinubukan ko pumila pero nabigo he he he walang tayaga kc umulan na. Ang ending nagpabili na lang :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. My sister's a member. Sa kanya na lang ako nagpapakisuyo ng big jar of Nutella! Haha! I don't know if she renewed her membership. Super sulit naman kasi sa S&R eh and ang sarap ng roasted chicken nila doon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. S&R is our fave shopping/grocery place. The boys love their chips and chocolate lane. We are a big family thus we always buy in bulk. And after each grocery trip, snr pizza and chicken are what make the boys doubly happy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My brother's a member and my husband wants to register na. Kaso, parang maover ata ako sa budget if papasok kami ng S&R. hahaha! I'll definitely apply for membership but saka na lang siguro if I have more reasons na. Great post by the way, if my husband reads this, naku, aagree iyon talaga!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love S&R. Lots of good deals and not-so-usual items.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the pizza and burgers in S&R hhehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't tried shopping during their super sale as I've read a lot of horror stories (super long wait times). It's so fun to shop there normally though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. We love S&R but we don't visit during sales kasi takot kami sa madaming tao :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. It takes patience sa mga sale these days, pero kung patient ka naman talagang tao, and you know you'll save a lot, S&R will be the right place to go.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Grabe dyan pag sale. We usually go there a day before or after the sale para less tao :)) May mga naka-sale parin, though mas all-out talaga on the scheduled sale dates :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. My mom's a member before. In fairness ang daming good deals! Ang downside nga lang, ang dami talagang tao :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...