Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Healthy Eating from The Good Box

The terminology healthy eating is not something new to me.  I encountered this a lot of times, and had plan to try this quite a few times too.  But since healthy eating means bland tasting food, and for a foodie like me it seems to be a nightmare, trying healthy eating has always been at the least of my priorities.

That is why I was so happy when The Good Box sent me a whole day trial of their 1200 kcal meal. 

What is The GoodBox?

Healthy, nutritious food in the meal plan of your choice is available at your convenience, 5 days a week (Monday - Friday). Our meal plans consist of 1200, 1500, 1800, 2100, 2400 and 2700 calorie menus; each meticulously planned with proper proportions of fat, carb and protein by our in-house nutritionist and chefs for a balanced meal. We also make sure that every meal has the nutrients your body needs to keep itself fueled throughout the day. Whether you are trying to lose weight, maintain it, or even gain some, there is just no excuse to not eat healthy!

My food for the day arrived late in the evening (because of course, you will consume it within the next day, they want our food to be the freshest as possible).  It arrived in a pink eco bag.



Having said that.  I’ll now show you my meal for a day consisting of only 1200 kcal.

Breakfast: 360 kcal
Mixed Vegetable and Cheese Sandwich, Coffee, and Fruit



AM Snack: 150 kcal
Fresh Homemade Smoothie



Side Note: I would love to know what is the ingredients of each food I put in my mouth. My AM Snack is a Lychee Smoothie.  I gathered that info when I took a swig of the drink.  I would have loved it more if I know from the start what it was.  But this smoothie really tastes good.

Lunch: 300 kcal
Nutty Chicken Penne and Salad



Side Note: As I love eating veggies, I love the salad included in this meal.  However, the Nutty Chicken Penne pasta tastes bland when you eat it alone (but the chicken and the veggies included tastes good).  You should combine it so to get the best taste. 


PM Snack: 120 kcal
Oat Cookies



Dinner: 300 kcal
Tofu Tacos and Vegetable Sticks with Dip




My verdict:

I love that by subscribing to The Good Box,

1)   I don’t have to plan my meal.  They give ready made food I can consume that is just right for the body I have (by choosing the right calories I need for the day).
2)   It’s like having my own dietician.  I don’t have to compute manually the calories I take.  The Good Box does it for me.
3)   Instructions are clear if I have to heat or chill.  No need for me to guess what to do with the meal.
4)   Dieting has never taste this good. J

Are you a fan of healthy eating?  If yes, The Good Box is for you.  J


Address: 105 Hawaii St., Pasig Greenpark, Pasig City, 1612
Contact #: 09177111732



2 comments:

  1. wow! Sosyal ate! are the meals expensive? hndi ko to keri! I love rice! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bevs! For you, its not expensive :) check mo their website to see the pricing. They have rice din naman in some meals.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...