Monday, August 4, 2014

Manila Bay Clean-up Run 2014

I have been dreaming of joining a fun run ever since the craze started.  But whenever I think about waking up early and running, I would eventually decide not to go.

One very persistent colleague told me to join Manila Bay Clean-up Run.  Since she’s really persistent, I decided to go (and signed up Leo too.  I can’t run alone). 

Two months before the actual fun run, I would jog around Mall of Asia seaside once a week just to stretch some muscles and ensure I would finish the 5k run I signed up to.  (That colleague also told me to go on 5k and not 3k – mabibitin lang daw ako).

June 13 came; Leo had to go on a business trip.  I signed up my brother GB and his girlfriend, Zarie, so they would accompany me.  They are on a buy 1 take 1 package that day as it was their 2nd year anniversary (belated happy anniv!).

We were late.  We came in at 3k gun start already.  But nonetheless I was a proud finisher of 5k run. Took the run in less than 40mins. 



I honestly feel “bitin”.  I should have run 10k.  During fun runs, there are a lot of runners and you would not feel ‘kulelat’ if you run slow because not everyone runs fast. 

I am now gearing for a 10k run – hopefully with Leo.  Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...