Sunday, January 15, 2017

Bye Bye Insects with OFF! Insect Repellent Lotion

Last 2015, Cavite was declared under red alert for Dengue.  As a mom, I have to make sure our family is protected against this deadly disease and have shared with you, my dear readers, some tips on how I tried to dengue-proof our household.  You can read the tips here.

When my pre-schooler was still a toddler, I would lather him with insect-repellent lotion but I eventually stopped this as I often forget to apply it to him (mommy brain in action hehe).  But then I realized that applying insect-repellent lotion is one of the best way to shoo away the insects especially mosquitos.  Because all those suggestions I gave are only effective if you are within the vicinity of a citronella plant or mosquito mat; or you just sprayed the house with insecticide sprays or citronella sprays.  But when our kids are at school or in other places, only the mosquito patches work (and this works effectively in the portion of your clothes you attached it to, say the upper body).  This is where insect-repellent lotion, like OFF! works perfectly well.



You see, when kids like my little Neo plays outside of the home, they are prone to insect bites, especially mosquitoes.  Kids are so pleasant-smelling that insects love to bite them.  Neo loves playing in our village playground where the area is full of grass and some tress, some of which are inhabited by insects.  OFF! Insect Repellent lotion helps moms like me, feel at ease when we allow our children to play outside particularly playing in a grassy environment.  It helps shoo away the insects causing diseases and itchiness that leads to scars.  Shooing insects away is a way of shooing illness away. 

Us, moms can’t be with our little kids 24/7.  It’s nice to know products such as OFF! Insect Repellent Lotion can be our ally in keeping our kids healthy and happy while playing.




Disclaimer: This blog post is an entry to Nuffnang’s OFF Lotion Blog Contest.


30 comments:

  1. I use OFF for my kids too. It's very important that we use something like this since they go to schools with lots of trees and plants around - hence, lots of mosquitoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that insect repellent were invented to help us have a peace of mind whenever we let them go out and explore the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really scary when we let our kids go into the world of disease-causing insects and germs. But, we cannot always be physically by their side to protect them. Thank God for Off! lotion, citronella oil and alcohol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to Off dahil worry free na ang bonding time with kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a forever user of OFF talaga. I make sure I slather a generous amount, not only on my kids skin but also on their bags, before leaving the house,hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also from Cavite and heard of that news as well. Scary especially for kids. Thankfully we also use OFF lotion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always have a bottle of Off! in the car so my kids can apply before I drop them off school.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We never go out without Off! lotion. Definitely a life saver against mosquito bites!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Because of the dengue scare, lagi kaming may mosquito lotion or sprays sa bahay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use OFF lotion din for my kids. Mahirap na at mas okay ang sigurado.My husband suffered from dengue when he was young that's why we would like to avoid it as much as we can.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Naku oo, I'm paranoid about Dengue so I always have Off! Lotion at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm more vigilant now when it comes to mosquitoes coz my daughter got dengue fever last year. It always helps to have insect repellant like Off.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's important that we have protection against dengue especially our kids. We used OFF lotion before, but when I was introduced to HHN Bug Shield mosquito repellant, we fell in love with it. It's 100% natural and we love the citronella scent.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes nakakatakot tlaga ang dengue. Dapat laging may protection even the adults too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We also use Off at home and outdoors. And it keeps me kampante knowing no pesty crashers will come near my boys. Hurray to us moms who they may say so.OC or paranoid. We just want to make.sure that our kids are always protected.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always have a bottle of Off lotion for kids in my office because mosquitoes tend to congregate there! Ew go away mosquitoes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love the smell of OFF lotion. So refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, it is effective. Other brand I have used for my kids is the Giga Baby insect repellant spray.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I keep forgetting to buy this one for the little boy. I need to write it down in my grocery list for the next run. He uses citronella patches though and so far, he's not had any mosquito bites for quite a while. But then again, it never hurts to be extra cautious especially now that the forecast is that we are still in a weak La Niña season.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I always have OFF! Lotion din. Ayoko Na may magkasakit at ma hospital uli dahil SA Dengue.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm also a paranoid mom when it comes to dengue. I make sure my son has protection against mosquitoes, especially when he's going outside. We never run out of mosquito-repellant lotion and stickers at home.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am also using OFF lotion for the whole family mas effective kasi

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nakaka-praning ang dengue. I really give the protection my kids need to make sure they are safe. Good luck on the contest :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Why do there have to be mosquitoes in the first place? Hehe. On a more serious note, good thing nga that there are insect repellants like Off! to ward them off.

    ReplyDelete
  25. We can't be overprotective when it comes to mosquitoes. I just wish na meron nang Off spray na available. I've seen one in Amazon but not here in the Philippines.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I use OFF every time we go to Philippines for vacation. Sobrang dami kaseng lamok. I brought some herw abroad also just in case there will be mosquitoes around. I like that it is light on the skin and not sticky. The kids don't mind having it on their skin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's a good thing we have products like OFF lotions na to keep mosquitoes away. If I don't have OFF lotions I use citronella sprays with my daughters to keep mosquitos away.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nakaka-worry naman talaga lalo kapag dumadami ang cases ng dengue sa area nyo. I, for instance, tend to worry too much kahit may marinig lang akong isang case ng dengue sa lugar namin. That's why insect repellant lotion's a staple in our home. Mahirap na kasi mag-risk diba?

    ReplyDelete
  29. These lotions leave the skin soft and supple, making it absolutely smooth. Such lotions are best used after the baby's bath, when your baby is in the mood for some relaxing massage, and the skin is fresh and ready to absorb the lotion.
    stoffwindeln kostenlos testen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...