Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Scholastic Warehouse Sale 2016

I love reading books.  I am a bookworm.  I so love books and it was a must for me to visit the Scholastic Warehouse Sale even though the sale is located at Pasig and I reside in Cavite.  


We visited the Scholastic Warehouse Sale last December after the Thanksgiving Party of Mommy Bloggers Philippines.  We didn’t get lost, thanks to Google Maps. 

As such with the title, the sale was located in Scholastic’s warehouse.  The warehouse doesn’t have a very huge parking space and only a limited number of cars are allowed to park.

Upon entrance to the designated sale area, books and books and a lot of books are everywhere.  But what really made me decide to go to this book sale is the Book Buffet: Box All You Can for Php799.  You will be given a buffet box and you can take home all the books that would fit in it for only Php799.  Quite a deal, right? 


Sadly, I didn’t avail of the Book Buffet.  L  The book selection for the book buffet weren’t to my liking and so I just decided to buy the books I like.  

Book buffet boxes and the books that can fit in it. 



Book buffet area in the middle. 
I got the Hunger Games trilogy and the Book of Impossible Objects for Php 812.oo!


Is the Scholastic Warehouse Sale sulit?  Honestly for me, it wasn’t.  L  This is because I incorporated the cost and time of traveling to Pasig form my place. 

But I have three suggestions on how you could make it a sulit visit?

·         If you reside somewhere near the place and you love books, I highly suggest you visit the Scholastic Warehouse Sale.  But if not, the cost and time would be same as buying in a bookstore in the mall.

·         Do check the Scholastic website for the list of books they published.  I am a huge Harry Potter fan and this is one reason I wanted to visit the sale.  I am quite sure that the books Scholastic had published would be something I would like.  But I was wrong.  There are a lot of selections that I don’t know or like.

·         If the book buffet selection is to your liking, do avail it.  You will save a lot.  


Scholastic Warehouse Sale happens during November to December.  I do hope they would have another round this year so more book lovers can visit.  



10 comments:

  1. I love the books by Scholastic. They have many good titles and series. You must have certainly picked up quite a bit of bargain books at the sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hunger Games trilogy I got was really a steal! kakatuwa.

      Delete
  2. This is something that I really missed! Ang problema kasi mejo malayo sya sa'min tapos sobrang daming gastusin nung nag sale sya. Pero hopefully, sa next sale, makapunta na ako.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. medyo malayo nga ung sale area. sana next time mas malapit na lang hehe

      Delete
  3. I wasn't able to try the book buffet nor visit the warehouse to buy books. Though I know my boys would love to have new books in our bookshelf, those books will not anymore fit as our bookshelf is already too crowded. We resorted to ebooks but then my ebook reader retired so now even the books in the bookshelf are forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried using ebook, but I find more happiness in smelling the pages of a book than it. kaloka.

      Delete
  4. Is there a time limit to the book buffet promo? That's what I'm worried about. The time pressure will just make me grab books I'll end up throwing out because we don't need them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no time limit. You can spend an afternoon just for the buffet alone.

      Delete
  5. I love the books you chose! It was a good experience in the end, at least you've learned your lesson... so sulit pa din! Enjoy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love The Hunger Games trilogy too! If it wasn't for the Scholastic Warehouse Sale, I wouldn't be introduced to it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...