Friday, March 28, 2014

Familia Nunag @ Cebu – Places to Eat

Eating will always be a part of travelling.  Agree? So while we were at Cebu, we made the most of our stay by eating at different places.  And here are the lists of them.

CnT Lechon.  A visit at Cebu will never be complete without tasting the famous Cebu Lechon.  I really wanted to taste Zubochon but my cousin Ate Mae swore by CnT as the best tasting.  So off to CnT we go J

It didn’t disappoint.  This lechon is super delicious. Cost Php450+ per kilo. And as per Leo: ang lechon na hindi na kailangan ng sauce


Port Restaurant.  This buffet restaurant is located at Waterfront Hotel.  They serve a lot of dishes.  Lunch buffet cost: Php259 per person.  Dinner buffet cost: Php339+ per person.  The foods are okay-tasting.  The sad part is that they don’t offer drinks; you have to buy it separately.



Café Glo. If you book an overnight stay at Crown Regency and you choose to have breakfast included, this is where you will have your buffet breakfast inclusion.  This is my first time to try breakfast buffet and this place has left a very good impression in me.  There are a lot of choices and all are delicious.  The staffs in here are nice to kids.  Two staffs were even playing with Neo. J


Wang Shan Lo.  This is a Chinese buffet restaurant.  This area has a lot of courteous staffs (must be because most of their customers are Chinese).  They would even pull up the chair for you and put on your napkin J  But this buffet restaurant has limited food choices.


Sparks Resto Bar.  After experiencing the Skywalk and the Edge Coaster, we ate at Sparks Resto Bar.  I love this buffet place.  Why?  This is located at the 37th floor of Crown Regency and thus, the view is awesome.  And it has a lot of food choices.  Different cuisines are offered, from Chinese to Japanese, to Western, to Filipino. Food choice overload. J



Larsians.  This is my favorite among all the places we’ve ate.  Larsians is an area of grilled foods.  Stalls everywhere are offering different raw foods that they will grill for you.  From pork to fishes to street foods, it’s there. And the rice they offer is the famous hanging rice (rice that’s wrapped in coconut leaves) or what Cebuanos call puso.



Our stomachs were full the whole time we were at Cebu.  Don’t forget to try any one of these places I recommend J


26 comments:

  1. wow nice! :D sayang di ko natikman ung CNT lechon na dala namin from Cebu nung Dec. kasi napanis sya dahil sa delayed flight ng AirAsia. huhu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, talagang highlight ang delayed flight ng AirAsia ha?

      Delete
  2. I was pregnant with Gwen when I visited Cebu. Cebu is a foodie's haven. I miss Brian's Ribs of Casa Verde. We had buffet at Crown Regency too when we were there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried Brian's Ribs of Casa Verde. I'll put that on my list pala so next time we visit, we can go.

      Delete
  3. I want to visit Cebu one day! How is the fare going there? Does the Crown Regency have a beachfront? Like Mactan Shangri-La?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the fare depends on the season. There was one time I booked a promo sale at 500 each back and forth. :P The Crown Regency we stayed at is at the city proper, Cym.

      Delete
  4. I tried CnT, Ayer's and Zubuchon lechon and mas type ko CnT and I think much cheaper din siya. Like Badet, we also went to Casa Verde to try the famous baby back ribs. If ever I'll go back to Cebu, I will try the Larsians, di ko napuntahan ito kasi maulan nung nagpunta kami, tinamad na lumabas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Larsian's because I love ihaw ihaw. Haven't tried Zubuchon and Ayer's pa :(

      Delete
  5. We want to go Cebu when we have time and try the food on CNT Lechon thanks for the tip <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tip <3 will go to cebu when we have the time :) I want to try the CNT lechon <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow nakakagutom. Will definitely try these resto's when we decided to visit Cebu. I want to try Wang Shan Lo super die hard chinese food lover kasi kami ng husbad ko. Thanks for sharing these resto.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mooon Cafe is also good, but i think they have it here in manila na. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. true, sarap mag-food trip pag nasa byahe! It's been a while since I've been to Cebu, looks like there are a lot of places to check out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cebu Lechon is THE best I've tasted so far! I'm just glad some restos in Manila are bringing that kind of lechon nearer to us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. I've lived in Cebu all my life but I haven't been to many of these restaurants. We might want to visit these places soon. Thanks for the list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never been to Cebu and I heard so many good things about the city. Your baby looks so enjoy dun sa table oh! Thanks for sharing this Mommy Nerissa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. Kakagutom. Sometimes I wish I'm a food blogger or one of the host of a Food Network show. So I can travel and eat and earn. I note these restos when we get to visit Cebu.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't been to Cebu in years! Where is Larsians located?

    ReplyDelete
  15. CNT is so yummy! I remember eating at this road side inihaw place in Cabu, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was called. Basta we ate assorted inihaw and puso rice. So, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haven't been to Cebu for the longest time, but when I do, I'd keep some of these places in mind. Larsians and CnT in particular. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cebu! Another destination on our list. This post would come in handy pag nagtrip planning na kami.

    ReplyDelete
  18. agree! malungkot ang travel without eating!

    Hindi pa kame nakapunta ng Cebu pero pag napunta kame, nasa list na namin ang mga restos na nabanggit mo :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, you really did explore the food in Cebu a lot. It has been years since my last trip there but I remember we went to this buffet place that had a seafood buffet that costs less then Php 200. So cheap compared to the buffets here in Metro Manila.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haven't been to Cebu, I'm planning to go next year, those are such glorious food!

    ReplyDelete
  21. drooling....hehehe...sayang di kami nakapunta ng Cebu when we tour Bohol. Separate travel na lang, will keep in mind all the resto's that you mentioned. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nakakagutom naman tong lechonnnnnnnnnn!!!

    Saya naman ng Cebu trip nyo! First time to visit you blog sis.. :) but will definitely visit this soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...