Saturday, March 8, 2014

My LA Adventure (Legaspi, Albay) – Part 1

Two weeks ago, you will locate me at the Northern part of Luzon as I went to Santiago, Isabela.  Last Monday naman, you can locate me at the Southern part of Luzon since I went to LA.  Legaspi, Albay.

Colds, cough, sore throat, and headache are the aftermath of my Santiago land trip. So needless to say, I booked a plane flight to Legaspi.  I woke up early Monday morning not feeling okay.  Leo drove me to Coastal where my dad would take me to the airport.  I really was not feeling well that morning that I vomited at Cavitex.  Yes.  A first for me.

Thankfully, during the plane ride, I felt better.  I had the quickest flight of all.  Manila to Legaspi in 30-45mins.  When we touched down, this is what greeted me.



I spent most of my Monday having a meeting for work and staying at the hotel afterwards.  By dinner time, I met with 2 of my colleagues passing by Legaspi on their way to Samar.  We ate at Small Talk.  (I don’t have a picture of the restaurant, but it doesn’t look like a resto but more of a home.)  They served delicious tasting foods – minus the fact that they served our food after one hour of wait (they must have cooked it pa) and their Seafood Paella is salty.


Photo from Small Talk Café’s facebook page

The next day, I got up so early.  My flight is in the afternoon pa and I wanted to explore Legaspi for a bit. I was just so lucky that my colleagues have been going back and forth Legaspi so they know the roads and ways to the tourist spots (parang free tour guide).

Mayon Volcano is so majestic.  All over the province, you will see its beauty.  Just a bit of historical background: Mayon’s former name daw is Magayon which means Maganda (Beautiful).  It is located in Daraga, Albay.  Daraga is the local term for Dalaga (Maiden).  Combining it, you will have Daraga Magayon = Beautiful Maiden.  And it is indeed beautiful.

All the tourist spots in Legaspi are centered in just viewing the Mayon Volcano.  Just different views and different activities, but same Mayon.  Our first stop: Cagsawa Ruins.


Cagsawa Ruins are the remnants of the Cagsawa Church.  The whole church was buried when Mayon Volcano erupted last 1814.  The only remaining piece of the Cagsawa Church is the bell tower.

You have to pay Php10 each to see Cagsawa Ruins and Php10 for the parking fee.



A selfie at Cagsawa Ruins.



More LA Adventure on my next post. J


My LA Adventure (Legazpi, Albay) - Part 2
Ninong's Hotel, Legazpi Albay


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...