Saturday, March 15, 2014

Please Be Warned

If you are my friend in facebook you would already know what happened to me.  This is not something pleasant and I don’t wish it to happen to anyone else.  I posted this status in facebook last Thursday –



I know for sure that this thing happens (or will happen) in other parts of the country.  Please be warned.

I have been telling this to people: More than the money, the cards, and all material things in my stolen wallet, it was the unpleasant experience that got me traumatized and sad.

What I learned in this experience?

·         Never trust anyone.  I am now convinced that the old woman beside me was their accomplice.  I sat beside that old woman because I trusted that she is harmless.

·         Never mind.  When this thing happens again, I don’t need to react ASAP.  Just shrug off.  No reaction would do me good instead of panicking.

·         Never put all my things in one basket.  I don’t carry cash around me.  That sole time was an exemption – and it was so wrong of me to put it all in the wallet.  I should have separated the cash in the pouch.  I should have a separate card holder.  I should have separated everything.

·         The bag’s secret pocket was built with a purpose.  My bag was opened because I was distracted while they we’re panicking beside me (a tactic they used), and had I put my wallet in the secret pocket, I could have saved a lot of trouble.

·         The Lord is guiding me.  I had known that modus (not the exact modus, but something like laglag-barya or dura gang), but still during that time, I hadn’t realized it.  I am a strong-willed woman.  I know for sure I will fight them had I realized what they were doing.  And fighting them won’t do me any good.

The experience is still fresh in my mind.  And I could go on all night listing all the things I learned from the experience – hoping that this would never happen to anyone.  Please take note of this and learn from my experience.




16 comments:

  1. Oh no, I hope you were not traumatized of this incident. How are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. still revisiting every angle of the incident. it all happened in a flash kasi, Louise. during night time I try to revisit what happened and try to see the good thing in it.

      Delete
  2. aww...Thank GOD you're safe sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hayyyyy....this is why I'm terrified to taking public transportation. I want to take the usual jeeps and buses but I always end up getting into a registered cab. I'm glad you're okay and not hurt in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very sad... hope everyone is okay. Thanks for sharing it and so everyone can learn from it... hope no one else has to experience this :-( so sorry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww im sorry for what happened sis i hope you're okay and God is good atleast hindi ka nasaktan.. so sad to think that even an old woman can be an accomplice to this kind of things

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have posted a similar bus incident in my blog too.. i agree with your points especially these two: never trust anyone and dont put everything in one basket... i am now losing faith in humanity...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nerissa, as a fellow mommy blogger, I am grateful that no harm has come unto you due to this horrible experience and I hope that you are recovering. Thank you for spreading the awareness of this 'modus'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this experience. I'm just glad that you weren't harmed physically. Hope you're feeling much better now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am just glad to hear that you are safe. While it will make me sad and mad to loose money or items, at least you are were unharmed. It makes me sad that things like this happen. Stay safe mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my... God is really good Sis because he did let anything happen to you. This never happened to me - not that I wish for it, I'm just thankful that God is "super" guiding me every day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I understand how you feel sis.. Even me I do have a lot of quite traumatic experience ..hayss..sana mahuli na ung mga un..The important is your safe..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness. Commuting is such a risk nowadays. We have cab drivers that drug passengers, we have people who'd slash your bag in jeepneys, and now we have these guys on buses! There seem to be nothing else we can do but to be extra vigilant.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks everyone for the comments. please continue sharing this experience of mine to other people (especially your love ones) so they can do something to avoid it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now ko lang nabasa ito, muther. Alam mo kaya ako takot mag-jeep o mag-biyahe mag-isa dahil sa ganyan. Marami na akong nabasa na ganyan. Yung iba dinuduruan pa para magpanic ang biktima at ganyan nga na tutulungan maglinis kunwari pero nanakawan talaga. :-( Naalala ko pa one time I went to Divisoria alone, busy kasi si M kaya di ako nasamahan. Naholdup yung babaeng katabi ko sa jeep, nagulat na lang ako kasi dumidikit sa tagiliran ko yung malaking kutsilyo. Namutla talaga ako at mula noon di na ako bumalik doon mag-isa. Nakaka-trauma. Nakakalungkot na parami ng parami ang masasamang tao sa mundo. Ingat tayo lagi and always pray...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. super true. its the not the material things e, its the trauma after :( todo ingat talaga, lalo na ngayon, malapit na ang pasko.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...