Monday, December 16, 2013

Parenting Thought: Safety Belt

Neo is very malikot nowadays.  When you let him out of his crib and out of the house, he acts like a criminal on the loose.  We always walk around our village whenever we have free time, this is for all of us to exercise and burn some fats.  I consider this healthy as we live in a place that’s very provincial pa and has open area. 

However, this is not the case when we go to malls.  We have heard several horror stories of children who were kidnapped at malls.  Yes, the cctv captured the kidnappings but do we really want to risk it?  No, we don’t.

So when I chanced upon Safety First’s hand belt for children, I instantly bought it.  Papa Leo was against it at first.  But when I told him the risks of Neo roaming around the mall or even outside and malingat lang kami for just a second, he didn’t think twice.


 I’ve heard lots of comments about how Neo is “parang aso” when we use the hand belt on him.  We don’t care.  We use it for added safety – not the primary one as we all know that nothing can substitute our whole attention to Neo as a safe keeping measure.  The funny thing, our young man loves it. 



Watch this video about how a split second can change our lives forever.  A moment of neglect, a lifetime of regret.




12 comments:

  1. where mo nabili yung safety belt sis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi sis lally, at SM Dept store. its cheap lang, less than Php200.

      Delete
    2. still thinking if I will buy too...well, si hubby kasi ang tingin nya parang dog nga daw anak nya..ipapanuod ko nga yung video sa kanya...thanks sis...

      Delete
    3. okay pa now si Rylee na walang ganyan kasi she just turned 1 so keri pa syang i-carry. not so heavy pa. Neo kasi is heavy na and wants to explore more, kaya he needs more restrain.

      Delete
    4. sabagay...buti na lang may Saya carrier din ako. yun muna gagamitin ko pero thinking of buying din nito when she's older na. :-D

      Delete
    5. sis lally, there's a backpack style din pala nito. sa baby, it would look like a backpack then sa mommy/daddy, sa wrist. baka um-okay na si hubby ng ganun :P

      Delete
  2. My kids are too old for this but for me, it's good to use safety belts for security. It's good ok yung kid me for that. I don't think they will be comparable to dog leash at all:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy nga na he likes it. when I pull out the safety belt from my bag, he would instantly raise his arms to give me his wrist na hehe

      Delete
  3. Well, I do not care whether they will say na mukhang aso, as long as for the safety of my kid naman..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true. as long as Neo is safe, keber sa mga statements nila haha

      Delete
  4. I'm very concerned about the safety of my kiddo. He is very prone to get hurt because he is over-active when it comes to play. May be if I could use to give his safety for 24x7 when he will be going to stay in hostel. I'm very worried for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. naku sissy, everyone of us is worried when it comes to our kids. parang you want to give yourself 10 pair of eyes and 10 pair of hands to ensure he is safe e.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...